With a cozy atmosphere, tasty food, and a great bar, Brandywine Brewing Company Tavern and Grill is one of our favorite local places for lunch and happy hour. Catch a wait? No worries, spend your wait time shopping next door at Ellie Boutique and Wilmington Country Store.
Their extensive menu ranges from traditional tavern fare like house made burgers and wings to fresh hand crafted salads and sandwiches. There’s something for everyone and every occasion. Some of our favorite dishes include the BBC burger, Buffalo Wings, Grilled Salmon salad, Roasted Beet salad, and Cajun Mahi sandwich.
Whether you enjoy relaxing nights at home or exciting nights out on the town, some of our local favorites have everything you need to make your valentine’s day special. Here are our three favorite date ideas for this year.
Instead of going out to a crowded restaurant, enjoy a cozy night in with a gourmet meal prepared by Janssen’s Market. Add fresh flowers and a box of chocolates to complete your dinner. To take cozy to another level, stop by Houppette to pick out some Eberjey sleepwear and Diptyque candles before putting on a movie and lighting the fireplace.
Head downtown for a romantic dinner and wine at Pochi. Then take a test drive in a Jaguar FTYPE at Union Park… a girl can dream. Don’t forget to stop by Christina’s to pick up a Papyrus card for that special someone.
Grab a cute new yoga outfit at Houppette then take your man to a class at Inner Light Yoga the Friday before valentine’s day. Throw on a cozy poncho from Shop No.109 and head to BBC for wine and dinner.
A new year means new trends, particularly when it comes to interior design. There’s a captivating feeling when a space consists with of-the-moment decor. Taking a look at the year ahead, we’ve put together a list of what to expect in 2016 and how you can transform a room from boring and outdated to chic and modern.
1. Wood ceiling beams and reclaimed wood are two major design trends in the new year. Expect for both to stay around for a while as they add history and texture to the room, making them a timeless staple for any home.
2. Glass pendant lights are a subtle but intriguing way to add style and function. You’ll see them a lot in both kitchens and bathrooms.
3. Using textures like fur, woven rugs, brick and wood add detail in the best way possible. Natural materials are having a major moment and will continue to be prevalent throughout 2016.
4. We saw barn doors used a little this year to create a rustic, charming look. Expect for them to remain popular because they are extremely efficient and add character.
5. Patterned flooring sets the stage for a visually interesting room. It can add pop and compliment almost any space; small or large.
6. Pantone just released their colors of the year: Rose Quarts, which is a soft pink, and Serenity, a pale blue. Both are tranquil enough for wall colors and decorating accents throughout your home.
7. The use of bold stripes adds depth and brings a new dimension to a straight and narrow style space. Don’t be afraid to mix with other patterns.
8. Metallics like brass, copper, and gold, together or alone, will add warmth and a touch of glam.