A new year means new trends, particularly when it comes to interior design. There’s a captivating feeling when a space consists with of-the-moment decor. Taking a look at the year ahead, we’ve put together a list of what to expect in 2016 and how you can transform a room from boring and outdated to chic and modern.
1. Wood ceiling beams and reclaimed wood are two major design trends in the new year. Expect for both to stay around for a while as they add history and texture to the room, making them a timeless staple for any home.
2. Glass pendant lights are a subtle but intriguing way to add style and function. You’ll see them a lot in both kitchens and bathrooms.
3. Using textures like fur, woven rugs, brick and wood add detail in the best way possible. Natural materials are having a major moment and will continue to be prevalent throughout 2016.
4. We saw barn doors used a little this year to create a rustic, charming look. Expect for them to remain popular because they are extremely efficient and add character.
5. Patterned flooring sets the stage for a visually interesting room. It can add pop and compliment almost any space; small or large.
6. Pantone just released their colors of the year: Rose Quarts, which is a soft pink, and Serenity, a pale blue. Both are tranquil enough for wall colors and decorating accents throughout your home.
7. The use of bold stripes adds depth and brings a new dimension to a straight and narrow style space. Don’t be afraid to mix with other patterns.
8. Metallics like brass, copper, and gold, together or alone, will add warmth and a touch of glam.